Nursing opportunities abroad: work as a nurse in the Netherlands
Are you an EU certified nurse or nursing student that is looking for nursing opportunities abroad? Then meet Pleyade! Our organization offers foreign nurses and nursing students a wide array of positions in health institutes such as nursing homes, general hospitals and rehabilitation clinics. All with competitive salaries and manageable workload!
We only need you to be the best nurse you can be for our clients. However, you’ll understand that it requires you to be able to communicate in the Dutch in order to comprehend a client’s needs and wishes. That’s why we’ve developed an educational program in which you’ll be optimally prepared to take full advantage of our nursing opportunities abroad.
Do you want to know more about those nursing opportunities abroad or about the educational program? Then read on for a brief overview of the program or click the correct button and find out all there is to know!
A small summary
Whether you’re a certified nurse or still nursing student, both program start with an introductory language course in which you’ll master the most basic and important Dutch words and phrases. This course is given in your own home country if there are enough participants. If there are not enough applicants, following the course elsewhere is discussed. The introductory language course requires you to purchase a study app (€25) without additional fees.
After completing the course, we’ll invite you over to the Netherlands to experience what it’s like to work in Dutch healthcare. You will perform some activities of daily living for our clients, while getting accustomed to our healthcare protocols. During this period, you’ll be granted a scholarship with free housing, so you’ll have more than enough time and resources to explore the country or have fun with colleagues and new friends.
Upon completion of the full-time introductory language course for certified nurses, you’ll be invited for a paid introduction period in the Netherlands. We introduce you to future colleagues as well as care recipients you’ll be performing activities of daily living for. During this period you’ll benefit from arranged, subsidized housing and a competitive salary with extra payments for working more than 36 hours a week, evenings and weekends.
Nursing students who are eager to learn more or certified nurses who completed the introduction period, will advance into a more ‘in depth’ course about the Dutch language and healthcare protocols. With this course you’ll get the required level of language skills and knowledge to pass a state exam which is mandatory for a Dutch nurse registration and applying for our nursing opportunities abroad. Now, your career as a nurse can really start!
This is what you get
When applying for a place in the Pleyade program, you are investing valuable time and effort into working at our organization. In return, we take care of the rest. Amongst great nursing opportunities abroad, we offer:
Erasmus students with the intention to come back after their internship
- a free beginner’s course with an introductory period in which you get Erasmus scholarship
- free housing
- free hot meal on internship days
Contribution for expenses:
- medical checkup up to € 50
- obligatory Erasmus insurances up to € 65
- ticket costs up to € 150 after fulfilling the 6 month internship.
- help during all periods of your study
- a free beginner’s course with an introductory period in The Netherlands in which you get paid
- a free follow-up program to get your language skills to the required level of a professional nurse
- help during all periods of your study
- contribution to housing expenses housing during your language training (if the course is outside your place of residence)
- competitive salaries with extra payments for working irregular hours, overtime and on Sundays and public holidays
- a continuous development program for personal and professional growth
- and an introduction to other healthcare institutions after your two years commitment (if a career switch is desired)
About Pleyade’s nursing opportunities abroad
At Pleyade nursing opportunities abroad require you to provide care, support and assistance for clients in nursing homes, general or psychiatric hospitals and rehabilitation or private clinics. Very rewarding work in a wide array of healthcare institutes which are mostly located in and around Arnhem, a vibrant city at approximately an hour away from Amsterdam.
Are you interested in nursing opportunities abroad and in our program? Click the appropriate button and read all about Eduployment, our educational program and our jobs or please contact us if you have any questions.