Medical jobs abroad
Are you looking for medical jobs abroad? Then meet Pleyade Eduployment! We have a wide array of healthcare vacancies in the Netherlands for you to choose from, since we’re experiencing a serious deficit of good nursing staff. All accompanied by good working conditions and competitive salaries according to Dutch standards.
However, you first need to complete one of our educational programs to be able to apply for medical jobs abroad, specifically in the Netherlands. By teaching you all about our healthcare protocols and improving essential language skills, these programs will prepare you for a flourishing career as a Dutch nurse in the best way possible.
We’ve got to programs: the Certified Nurses Program for already certified EU nurses and the Ermasmus+ Internship Program for EU nursing students who are in their senior year. Both programs follow a slightly different route to one of our medical jobs abroad. Curious? Then click the appropriate button and discover all you need to know about your program or read on and get a hold of what to expect.
In a nutshell
Before you can apply for medical jobs abroad, you need to communicate in the language of your clients. Otherwise you won’t be able to understand a client’s needs. That’s why both programs start with an introductory course in which we’ll improve your Dutch vocabulary drastically by learning you the most important words, phrases and healthcare jargon.
This course will be given in your own home country, provided that there are enough applicants. Following the course elsewhere could also be discussed. Besides the obligatory study-app that comes with a fee of €25, the introductory language course is free of charge. Afterwards, we invite EU nursing students over for an internship and we welcome EU certified nurses to join Pleyade for a paid introduction period.
The Erasmus+ Internship for EU nursing students
As an EU nursing student you will experience what it’s like to work in Dutch healthcare. During the Erasmus+ Internship you will perform some activities of daily living for our clients for approximately 6 months. At the same time, free housing is arranged by Pleyade and you’ll also get a scholarship you can use to have some fun and explore the Netherlands.
The introduction period for EU certified nurses
EU certified nurses come to the Netherlands for a paid introduction period of approximately 5 months. After completing a more intensive and full-time introductory course, you will get accustomed to the Dutch healthcare protocols while meeting future colleagues and clients. During this period you’ll profit from subsidized housing and a competitive salary with extras for working irregular hours or more than 36 hours a week.
After the internship / introduction...
After 8 or 9 weeks in their internship, EU nursing students will have to decide whether working in medical jobs abroad, and specifically working at Pleyade in the Netherlands, is their cup of tea. If it is, you can apply for the commitment program which grants you even more extras. By this time, EU certified nurses already committed themselves to Pleyade.
After completing your internship or paid introduction period, you will follow another language course in which you’ll master the Dutch language even better while learning all about our healthcare protocols. This course prepares you for a state exam that precedes applying for a Dutch nurse registration. With this registration you’ll be able to apply for your favourite medical jobs abroad and your career really kicks off.
What’s in it for you?
Learning a new language and getting to know all the healthcare protocols in a foreign country takes hours of hard work. In return for investing valuable time and effort into our organization we try to make your stay as comfortable and fun as possible. So, amongst other things, we offer the following:
For EU nursing students
- a free beginner’s course with an introductory period in which you get Erasmus scholarship
- free living space in the Netherlands
- dinner on internship days
- contact person in your own native language
And when you’ve been admitted to the commitment program:
- contribution for expenses of medical checks up to €50) obligatory Erasmus insurances up to €65 and travel expenses up to €250 after successfully completing the 6 month internship
- additional language training and opportunities to practice nursing procedures
- free use of storage facilities for returning for the follow-up program
- help during all periods of your study
- a guaranteed job with good working conditions, a competitive salary and paid vacation days (approximately 7 weeks a year)
For EU certified nurses
- a free beginner’s course with an introductory period in which you get paid
- a free follow-up program to get your language skills to the required level of a professional nurse
- help during all periods of your study
- contribution to housing expenses housing during your language training (if the course is outside your place of residence)
- competitive salaries with extra payments for working irregular hours, overtime and on Sundays and public holidays
- a continuous development program for personal and professional growth
- and an introduction to other healthcare institutions after two years (if you seek a new challenge)
About our medical jobs abroad
Our medical jobs abroad are mostly located in and around Arnhem, a vibrant city at about an hour’s drive from the capital of Amsterdam. Your work consists of providing care and support for clients in nursing homes, general or private hospitals, rehabilitation clinics and so on. You’ll always have the opportunity to further develop yourself and specialize in one our more healthcare disciplines.
Are you interested in our Certified Nurses Program or the Erasmus+ Internship Program? Then check out the full contents of each and see if you meet the conditions to apply successfully. Also, feel free to contact us if you have any questions regarding the educational programs or our medical jobs abroad.