The Eduployment Program
Step 1: Introduction
Step 2: Advanced Level Dutch (B1)
Step 3: Your career in the Netherlands begins
Working towards full responsibility
The ultimate goal of the Eduployment program is to make you operate as a full responsible nurse in Dutch healthcare. As a full responsible nurse of Pleyade you know exactly what your clients and colleagues expect from you and you also know what to expect from them. You are a member of the team and ready to take on the full responsibility asked of the nursing profession.
Pleyade’s nurses care for people, mainly the elderly, within an institution and at people’s homes. They are also involved in taking care for those who are returning to the nurse for convalescent care. In some cases, in addition to nursing, people also need care and guidance in the final phase of their lives.
As a Pleyade nurse, you will advise and train your caregivers. You are often called upon for specific nursing procedures that the caregiver is unable to perform, for example administering a drip. You recognize illnesses and changes in the state of patient health and take necessary action.
You also offer team support in the physical care of patients, for example by brushing teeth or washing them. You will have an important social role, trying to establish trust with clients and providing intensive guidance to elderly people with psychological, psychogeriatric or social problems.
Another important social function is maintaining contact with the caregivers – relatives / family members who care for the elderly. You do your work according to care plans, nursing diagnoses, and you compile reports.
You also regularly consult with colleagues, team leaders and other professionals such as caregivers, physiotherapists, psychologists, social workers and (nursing home) doctors.
To accomplish all of the above our nurses have the following qualities:
- Professional knowledge
- Emphatic abilities
- A proactive attitude
- Dutch language skills (B1++)
Your contract at Pleyade
You are hired and employed directly by Pleyade. There will be no temporary employment agency that takes profits from you.With a direct contract of Pleyade you have the guarantee that you fall under the Dutch collective employment agreement for Nursing, Care Centers and Home Care, also known as CAO-VVT. The collective employment agreement covers everyone who is working in nursing, care homes or in home care, and directly employed by the care center. Pleyade treats her people thoughtfully. Pleyade values the balance between work, further training and private life. The basis for maintaining that balance is financial security. That is why Pleyade gives you a contract based on fulltime, which means 36 hours a week with a maximum of 5 consecutive working days, after which you will get at least 2 days off. Each year of experience is rewarded with an extra periodical, as the table below shows. When you finish the Eduployment program and your ambition is to work in care management, you may want to apply for participation in the Pleyade Management Talent Program. Or if you want to switch to a position in the hospital, psychiatry or first line care, Pleyade can also help you. There are multiple options for personal growth. At Pleyade, you can also combine training with your work.
- Payment for at least 36 hours of work per week, if
more, extra payment;
- When working nights, on Sundays, public holidays and/or overtime you will receive an additional payment.
- Paid annual holidays: approx. 7 weeks (33 business days), including compensation Dutch public holidays;
- An annual holiday allowance paid out in May of 8% of
the gross monthly salary and overtime received in the
past 12 months;
- An annual payment paid out in December of 7,4% of the gross monthly salary received in the past 12 months;
- Participation in the Dutch national retirement fund,
and employers’ contribution into the pension fund
for people in health care (supplementary benefit in
addition to the national retirement fund);
- Reimbursement of all statutory compulsory training
and refresher courses.
Payment irregular hours up to € 6.500,- gross a year extra on top of the basic salary:
- Additional salary when working at night, Sundays and public holidays. For working hours in the evening and in the weekend, you get paid extra above the basic salary. Evening hours during the week 22% (from 20:00 – 22:00pm) and 44% (from 22:00 – 07:00am).
- Hours on Saturday 38% (from 06:00 – 08:00 am and from 12:00 – 22:00pm) and 49% (from 22:00 – 06:00am). Sunday hours 60% extra.
Payment fulltime 36 hours a week
Time in role
Gross per month*
Net (in-hand) a year*
FWG 40 / 0
FWG 40 / 1
FWG 40 / 2
FWG 40 / 3
FWG 40 / 4
* May be supplemented with additional duties indicated in ‘Pleyade nursing salaries’. Payment overtime and irregular hours up to € 6.500 gross a year on top of the basic salary.
At Pleyade there are multiple options for personal growth.
- Pleyade internal:
- Specialist in geriatric nursing
- Management roles
- External (Pleyade care partnership):
- Nurse in a general hospital
- Nurse in a psychiatric hospital
- Triage nurse with a general practitioner or doctor’s post